Last updated: May 20, 2018
Green Patch Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://practicebetter.io/ website (the “Service”).
Personal Information Collect, Use, Disclosure and Consent
We are committed to providing our clients, customers, members (“you”, “your” or “them”) with exceptional service. Providing exceptional service may involve the collection, use and, at times, the disclosure of your Personal Information. Protecting your Personal Information is one of our highest priorities. While we have always respected your privacy and safeguarded all Personal Information, we have strengthened our commitment to this goal. This is to continue to provide exceptional service to you and to comply with all laws regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information. We will inform you of why and how we collect, use and disclose Personal Information; obtain your consent, as required; and handle Personal Information according to applicable law. Our privacy commitment includes ensuring the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of your Personal Information and allowing you to request access to, and correction of, your personal information.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
We will only collect Personal Information that is necessary to fulfill the following purposes:
- To verify identity
- To identify your preferences
- To open and manage an account
- To ensure you receive a high standard of service
- To meet regulatory requirements
- Other legal reasons as apply to the goods and services requested
We will not sell your Personal Information to other parties. We retain your Personal Information for the time necessary to fulfill the identified purposes or a legal or business purpose. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate and complete. You may request correction to your Personal Information to ensure its accuracy and completeness. A request must be made via our website or in writing and provide sufficient detail to identify your Personal Information and the correction being sought.
We are committed to ensuring the security of your Personal Information and may use passwords, encryption, firewalls, restricted employee access or other methods, in our discretion. We will use appropriate security measures when destroying your Personal Information such as shredding documents or deleting electronically stored information, in our discretion.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Green Patch Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Green Patch Inc. may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to sign you up for an account or subscription
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- Your practitioner has created a record for you
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Green Patch Inc. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Union (EU), you have certain data protection rights. Green Patch Inc. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Green Patch Inc. relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Union (EU).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page
LeadDyno is an affiliate marketing tool that tracks and reports website traffic, and manages affiliate attribution for new practitioners who may sign up for the Service. For more information on the privacy practices of LeadDyno, please visit the LeadDyno Privacy & Terms web page
We use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
- Stripe. For more information on the privacy practices of Stripe, please visit the Stripe Privacy web page
- Square. For more information on the privacy practices of Square, please visit the Square Privacy web page
We may employ use third-party services to receive and deliver email on our and your behalf. The email provider we work with is Mailgun. For more information on the privacy practices of Mailgun, please visit the Mailgun Privacy web page.
If you are using this service as a practitioner, we may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to Canada and process it there.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Minor”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Minors. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Minor has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from Minors without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Changes to this Policy